Sunday, September 30, 2012

DAVID: August 27, 2012

This week i had good things and bad things happened.  We baptized two brothers.  I told you about them last week.  it was a great experience for us.  President and sister Funk came to our branch and they loved the baptism service.  The mother and Father of the family will be baptized next month.  The bad news is that my beloved companion is leaving me.  It was a surprise transfer for us.  He is going to my previous area.  It was wired that his training is not even completed.  he was all sort of sad. right after the baptism service  they announced that elder Smoot is transfer.  We all sung Hymn 152.  he started crying during his testimony and all the members gave him hugs and told him not to cry.  I had such a great time with him and my new companion is from hydrabad and been out for 5 months.  I think Heavenly father gave me a small break from Training.  I have been training since i was trained.  I love training!!

One Funny experience: We are teaching a Hindu family and we taught them how to say the Prayer.  So at the end of the lesson i invited the husband to give the benediction.  He was so hesitant and said that i don't know how to pray.  By the way many people say this here even after teaching the 3 steps to prayer.  So he wanted me to say it and next time he will say it.  So to remember the prayer he started to record my prayer in his phone.  It was pretty funny.  New experience that i never had on my mission.  I will be getting my new companion this week and this elder name is Husmala (He was trained by an elder that i trained in Rajahmandry. ). This place Erode is a great place to do missionary work. I love being here every minute of it.

With much Love Elder Aruldoss






No comments:

Post a Comment