Sunday, February 24, 2013

A FUN LITTLE EXTRA! January 13, 2013

Facebook posting by Glenn Thomas, cousin of Alice DeWitt of the Gilbert 9th Ward, the Arizona ward of David and Danny:

As I sat this morning in Sunday School, studying the scriptures in the tiny building housing the Mumbai Branch of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I could feel the Spirit strongly working on me. And as we read a particular scripture, the gospel and life came into sharp focus. Here are the words we read:


33 Fear not to do good, my sons, for whatsoever ye sow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow good ye shall also reap good for your reward.

34 Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.

35 Behold, I do not condemn you; go your ways and sin no more; perform with soberness the work which I have commanded you.

36 Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.

37 Behold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the nails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall inherit the kingdom of heaven.

I love the phrase "my sons" - I love my own sons (and daughter) and want them to grow up to be good righteous men - leaders among men for good. Here, God is giving us the formula to accomplish that - to be his sons and daughters - sow good and do good, looking to God.

As I sat in the "little flock" of Saints in Mumbai, I couldn't help but think the scriptures were talking to us. I came away with an increased desire to do good, to doubt not and fear not, to sin no more, and to be faithful.

One really cool thing that happened at church (aside from meeting wonderful people and getting to play the piano!) - this little branch of the church just gratefully received 4 new missionaries. One of them is Daniel (I've forgotten his last name), who is Indian and [lived in Arizona with] the Allred Family who are I believe in my cousin Alice Nielson DeWitt's Ward in Gilbert, AZ! Small world! :-)

Pictures are of the church building, and the street where it is located (took us a long time to find it! - the trick is the Reliance Supermarket on the corner...)







No comments:

Post a Comment