Monday, October 1, 2012

DAVID: October 1, 2012

I had a nice week.  I would like to tell you about one of our investigators name Raja.  He belongs to hindu cast.  does't speak any English and has 3 children.  He was a member referral and taught him only one lesson.  He came to Church one Sunday.  He absolutely loved the Church and really has the real desire to attend the Church each week.  Even though he doesn't speak any English, he referred another Hindu family who speak good English.  We taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ he said that he will take baptism.  He also said that "I know that you are trying to teach me something very important and that's why when you came to my house i stopped all my work to listen to your message."

He is such a humble brother.  He asked his son Viknesh to read the Gospel of Jesus Christ pamphlet which we gave him to read. His son is about 9 years old and he not only read the pamphlet but copied each word from the pamphlet to his note book.  I was so touched by brother Raja's willingness to learn and to teach his family.

This coming week we have a baptism of a part member sister Thangam (means GOLD in English).  She has been coming to Church for a month. All the missionaries gave our talks in the sacrament.  I was a last one to speak and the 3 elders front of me took all the time in the sacrament to give their talks and i didn't have time to give my talk.  First thing i thought was YES!! i don't have to give to give my talk. All the sudden my face was changed when branch president gave up to me and said Elder Aruldoss you will give your talk during the last hours. It was a combined class because it was 5th week.  So i gave my talk on "Why is the Book of Mormon is so important and How can we study it daily."  I spent lots of time preparing this talk.  So all went well.  Members appreciated my talk.  I have also learned so much about the Book of Mormon and i know that it is the Key Stone of our religion. By reading it daily we will invite the spirit.

I think of the family often and love each of you so much.

Love Elder Aruldoss




No comments:

Post a Comment